Saturday, January 22, 2011

Why yes, I do like to read...

Yup, that's a Nora Roberts charm you see there. Big blue book. And yeah, I'm not ashamed to admit it, I love Nora Roberts' books.
The first chapter book I can ever remember reading was about Beauty and the Beast. So why wouldn't I like romance novels? When I was around 12 or 13, I would spend weekends with my grandmother and bring home a grocery bag of her Harlequins to read through the week. Harlequin Romances were pretty tame back then, with most of your heroines being virgins. They either waited until marriage to have sex, or did the deed and then immediately got married. And lived happily ever after. So of course I had a very screwed up perception of how relationships worked. We won't go into that now, 'cause this is supposed to be a happy, light-hearted blog. Let's just say that I have learned all of life's lessons the hard way.
But I still believe in romance. And love at first sight. And respect. And honor. You should wait for that special someone, whether you decide to marry him or not. And you shouldn't ever settle for 'good enough'.

No comments:

Post a Comment